Today we are going to prepare a quick stew using the wok. It is a recipe of chicken and zucchini curry wok that we are going to serve with a wonderful garnish of red rice with vegetables. This dish is a recipe to take advantage of the leftovers since in its preparation we have given way to roasted chicken from the weekend.
To make it, I have used courgettes, which are now at their best. I also wanted to try some jars of curry sauces that I’ve been seeing lately in the supermarket, and see how tasty and spicy they were.
I chose the Korma variety, although I also saw curry Madras, Tikka Masala, etc; which I will try later. The truth is that the recipe was great, thick and tasty.
Chicken and zucchini curry wok
- Half roasted chicken
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 Carrots
- 2 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 12 mushrooms
- 440 ml curry sauce
- 250 ml chicken broth
- We start by cutting the chicken slices into more manageable pieces. As they were leftovers of roasted chicken, it is already cooked so it will be enough to have it cooked for a few minutes in the sauce to be ready.
- We also cut the courgettes in pieces, after washing them.
- In the meantime, we start with the vegetable base that will take the wok, for which we chop the onion, peppers and carrots and sauté them in olive oil.
- When they start to soften, add the mushrooms.
- When the vegetables have been in the wok for about ten minutes, add the chopped courgettes that we lightly fry, and then add the curry sauce and the chicken broth, which should be very hot so that it starts boiling quickly.
- It is time to add the chicken pieces, which we will leave to cook for about 5 minutes.
- If we had used fresh uncooked chicken slices, we would have had to brown them with the vegetables and then have them cooking in the broth for at least 15 to 20 minutes to make them well done.
- We taste and if we see that it needs to be reduced a little, we add a little liquid cream or coconut milk, leaving it to cook a couple of minutes to thicken. The spiciness is reduced a lot with dairy products.
- Prepare a side of rice and take it to the table.